Monday, April 25, 2011

Work in progress

I was having real problems with the eyes, problems like- what is the placement of the iris when the eye is looking down? Usually I look at photos on getty images but this time my partner modeled for me, and then I copied out my drawing onto tracing paper (I used the left eye for both- symmetry is another challenge!) and pinned the drawings onto the doll's face to get a feel for the eyes. Then I moved the eye drawings on the doll's forehead, and sketched the eyes on the doll's skin freehand. I use a pencil to draw on their faces, and find an eraser works if I need to change a line.

The eyes look a lot more lifelike to me than my other doll's eyes, however I think that when the drawing is translated into thread they will have the "Hannah Doll" look.

As you can see by the scale in the photo below the scale of the doll is also larger than what I usually work in. This is because this head will sit only on top of shoulders- she is a bust! The shoulder section is made from the same fabric as the hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment